Monday, July 27, 2015

Week 56 (6/29/15): Huggietown!!

Hello from Hugoton, Kansas!!! The Gas Capital of the World!! :D haha fun fact!!

Happy 4th of July this Saturday! We are excited for all of the festivities here in Hugoton - it will be a "blast"! ;) be safe and have fun!

Thank you, Mom and Dad for the package! I love the 4th of July themed things! :)

So leaving Guymon was miraculous! Sylvia was going to get baptized on Sunday thanks to a joint lesson with the Elders that was infused with inspired questions that filled us all with the Spirit that you just couldn't deny it! It was a good last lesson I had with her. She did get baptized yesterday so that was super exciting :) we couldn't go even though Hugoton is close enough to Guymon for us to go, but it was okay because we had some miracles to take care of in Hugoton! The work in Guymon is progressing rapidly and I'm so grateful I'm still in the Guymon District so I can hear all about all the people we were working with when I was there! Hugoton is only 45 minutes away from Guymon and we go there every week! I loved that place. I learned so much about myself and how to love and serve others. I will miss it buuuuut...

Now it's time for HUGOTON!!!!!! Ahhh yeah!

I am here with Sister Hansen who has been on her mission for almost 5 months and who is from Utah! She is not a Spanish speaker so I'm going to have to teach her the bit I know!

This area has been an Elders-only area for forever, but now it's a Sisters-only area! It is exciting but overwhelming to be in an almost completely new area! Any missionaries who are reading this: keep an updated area book! It's so important!! The most exciting thing is the excitement of the members :) imagine that: their excitement is exciting...hmmm haha anyway, they are so excited to invite their friends and inactive / nonmember family members (again or for the first time) to hear the message of the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. We feel such an urgency. The Lord needs the work in Hugoton to hasten. We just gotta keep up with Him! We are excited to work with all the part-member families that are here especially and bring families back to the light of the Gospel!

I am so grateful to be here as a missionary. I know my testimony will strengthen and deepen as it is tried :) I love my Savior.

Con todo mi corazon y mi amor,

Hermana Shumway




Bye Elders and Sister!

Saying goodbye....


A member who lives next door baked us a delicious cake!!
Welcome to Hugotown :)

No comments:

Post a Comment