Monday, July 27, 2015

Week 57 (7/6/15): Just a couple accidents :)

Heeeellloooooo from Hugoton!! 

I hope you all had a wonderful week filled with family and community activities!

On Tuesday we got in a car accident. I know. You'd think one would be enough for a missionary! That was scary as all car accidents are! But everyone was safe and came out in one piece! So that was a huge blessing. The biggest bummer is we missed an appointment with a potential family! The dad of the family told us that he had promised God that he would listen to the next missionaries who showed up at his house! So that was pretty cool, but because of the accident we didn't get to go :/ we pray that their schedule opens up so we can go see them soon!

I don't have a ton of time to write today (sorry!) and there's not a ton to report. The greatest thing is the Lord is leading us to people. We find at least one person every day who is willing to open their hearts to the message of the Restoration. The week wasn't easy, but I am so grateful for the sacrament and for testimonies. I have loved hearing the testimonies of others lately. I have felt the strength that comes from hearing another person testify of the truths they know - no matter how simple it is. I was grateful for fast and testimony meeting yesterday - I love these members in Hugoton already. They are such a strength and support. As they shared their testimonies yesterday, the Lord comforted me and brought peace to my heart - we are doing good here in Hugoton and helping others come unto Christ.

How grateful I am for the Spirit :) The constant companionship of the Holy Ghost. I am grateful for this great country of America. I am grateful the Lord prepared so many individuals to lay the foundations of the USA so the restoration of the Gospel could take place under the freedom of religion. I just read 1 Nephi 13 the other day and it was perfect to read during the 4th of July time. I know that the Lord's plan is perfect. 

I love you all! Have an awesome week!!

Con todo mi corazon y mi amor,

Hermana Shumway


Accident #2.....a kid peed on me. Happy 4th!!

No comments:

Post a Comment