Monday, February 23, 2015

Week 37: The Perfect Missionary

Holy last week of February!!! That's insane. Hope you all enjoy it :)

Few little things first. HAPPY BIRTHDAY KASSIE HYMAS!!!!!! Love you so so much and hope you're enjoying...or tolerating (haha)...being home from your mission. Have the best birthday!
SO SORRY to my beloved Mommy; I didn't tell you happy birthday last Monday. So I hope you had the best birthday ever on Saturday! I hope you know how much I love you!!
HAPPY WEDDING!!! To Cara and Kendon!! I am so excited for you :)) Gonna be a crazy week for the Shumway and Hatch families! Welcome to the family, Kendon! Love ya, Big Bro ;)

Soooo this week was good! Ya know how last week I said that I made the promise to never miss a sacrament meeting no matter what? Yeeeeahhh...well. Saturday night is snowed super a ton annnnnd church was canceled. And I was like "welp! There goes that!" haha just kidding. It was a super big bummer though because we had people planning on coming and I really really wanted to take the sacrament super badly, but that's okay, we shoveled people's driveways instead :)

One fun fact about Kansas. Here, the Pizza Huts are like...sit down restaurants. So that's really interesting!

Reason for the subject... This week, my weaknesses were very apparent to me. Especially in teaching! And I wished SO badly that I could be a perfect missionary to match the perfection of the message that I am sharing. I am amazed every day that Heavenly Father puts His trust in small and simple 20-year-old me to share His Gospel with His precious children who need to find Him again. I am so grateful I don't have to do it alone and He doesn't expect or want me to :) I know that if we rely on Him, miracles happen!! I am so grateful to be on the front lines of those miracles.

Lots of things happened this week, the mission is a HUGE learning curve. haha like it's super insane!! Cuz you just gotta get out there and DO IT! haha I love that I have so much more to learn and I can't wait to see what the Lord still has to make out of me :)

Happy March on Sunday!! I love you all!!

Con todo mi corazon y mi amor,

Hermana Shumway

Katelyn is baptized!!

Bye Sister Hymas!! I LOVE YOU!

Thank-you to Mommy for the pillowcases!! We love
them!! Love you MORE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment