Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Week 34: A Marvelous Work and Wonder

Hello my wonderful friends and family!!! You are all just the best! :)

Missionary work is truly such a marvelous work and a wonder - I am so blessed to be a missionary.
We have seen so many miracles in talking to everyone and just working hard. Always keeping our fishing line in the water - which means taking every opportu...

hahaha I have to tell you this before I move on...soooo right now we are obviously in the library and we are also on a conference call with the zone in order to set a baptism goal for February. We had 2 numbers in mind to set for our goal. Then the zone leaders asked me to be the one to say the prayer to ask Heavenly Father which of those 2 numbers we should set as our goal. Sister Mendoza had the phone and she was like "uhhh...they want you to pray..." and I was like "okay! that's fine!" and then I thought "oh wait...I am in a library with lots of people...." then I was like "whatever, I'm a missionary - it's fine" and went on to say the prayer. haha so funny! #notashamed bahaha super funny :)

Anyyyywaaaay...so we made sure to take EVERY opportunity to talk to EVERYone last week. And we saw miracles!! We found 3 new investigator families! We are so stoked to work with them more and bring them closer to Jesus Christ!! Saturday night, I just laid in my bed thinking about our week and tears were just rolling down my face. I am just so so happy! I don't even think I can adequately explain it, but I know every missionary or return missionary knows what I'm talking about. Not even happiness, but just indescribable JOY. Sorry I can't describe it better. I wish I could. The fulness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ just FILLS you up. It reminds me of the scripture that says if your eye is single to the glory of God, your body is filled with light and there is no room for darkness. I know I still have a lot more to give to the Lord, so I know I'm not quite there yet, but I am so grateful I was able to feel just a glimpse of eternal joy this week :)

And then....Sunday came. haha I feel like the longer I am on my mission the sweeter the joys and the more bitter the disappointments. I was crying for joy Saturday night, then when those families chose not to attend church, I was heartbroken, and I cried again! I was so sad they chose not to draw closer to Christ by partaking of the Sacrament and learning more of Him in His true church. They will come next week though, so I am excited about that :) I still am filled with joy! No worries :) haha

I KNOW that this is true. I know that Jesus Christ DOES have one true church with HIS authority and HIS power. I am so blessed to be His representative. I am grateful for the Spirit of God who guides us and directs us if we are humble enough to receive and follow its promptings. Jesus Christ lives. The Book of Mormon is true. Joseph Smith was a true prophet of God. We have a prophet today :) How grateful I am for Jesus Christ. I truly do love Him. :)

Talk to you all next week! Have the best week ever!!

Con todo mi corazon y mi amor,

Hermana Shumway


Biking, biking, biking! haha, don't we just looks so cute?!
Haha I love it. With the field in the background......welcome
to Kansas everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment