Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Week 36: Proclaim to Kansas

Hello wonderful, wonderful family and friends!! I hope you had a faaaabulous week!

Thank you to my family for the Valentine's Day package!! Sister Mendoza and I love the pillowcases!! (Probably thanks to Annette, too!!) I would send you a picture of us with them but my camera is being weird with the computer this week so I can't send any pictures :/ Maybe next week! "Love you more!" :)

This week wasn't crazy busy, well of course it was, but there's not a ton that's sticking out to me to share....hmmm well! Sister Mendoza and I really learned a lot this week. We learned the miracle of repentance and the reality of the Atonement. Especially the power of the sacrament. I really tried hard this week to make taking the sacrament a temple-like experience. I felt the power of Jesus Christ as I reviewed our week and prayed for strength to be better this week. I truly felt like I was being cleansed, just like getting baptized again. But I know I only felt that way because I prepared for that kind of experience. The sacrament has truly gained so much significance to me. I have made the resolve that I will do everything I possibly can to never miss a Sunday going to church so I can partake of the sacrament. I am so grateful for my mission - it has put so many things into perspective and priority for the rest of my life!!

We had zone conference this week with President Bell and Sister Bell and the APs and another zone in the mission. It was AWESOME. I love getting together with all those missionaries and having the opportunity to strengthen one another through trainings, role plays, and testimonies. This was a special zone activity because it was the last time I will ever see Sister Hymas :( the next time I see her she will be Kassie. WEIRD. Did I cry when she was bearing her testimony? Only a little. She has changed my life for sure and I don't know if I could ever thank Heavenly Father enough for her.

Transfers are this week! The last 6 weeks have FLOWN by!! It's so insane!! Thankfully, Sister Mendoza and I are staying right here in good ol' Garden City :) We are very happy about that! I was so worried I wasn't going to be able to train Sister Mendoza the whole 12 weeks, but I do!! Yay :) I love Garden City. Love it, love it, love it!!!

OH! Katelyn got baptized on Saturday!! That was a huge miracle. I think I already told you the whole story about her. But so many missionaries were rejoicing that day. It definitely has been a long time coming. I know the Spirit changes hearts. Katelyn is such an example to me of a young girl who loves the Lord and wants to be obedient. She knows baptism by the proper authority is a commandment of God and she was and is willing to be obedient to Him because she loves Him.

I love Him :)

Have an awesome week! The Church is true. The Book of Mormon is true. Jesus Christ lives and His Atonement is real.

I love you all so much!!

Con todo mi corazon y mi amor,

Hermana Shumway

No comments:

Post a Comment