Monday, December 29, 2014

Week 29: The Gospel softens you....spiritually and physically.

HELLO EVERYONE!!! I hope you all had a fabulous Christmas and have some really super great plans for New Years!! So...Happy New Year!!! :) So weird that 2015 is in like...3 days.

It was so great to talk to the fam, I love them all so much!! I just wanted to hug you all!

Spanish news: I said a couple bad words in Spanish this week. Always brings a good laugh to Sister Guillen and I :) hahaha

Yes, I have gotten more sensitive to everything so far on my mission. Not so much when someone is teasing me, but of course just more sensitive to all things spiritual, which means more tears! But...with that, the mission pounds are comin on. haha Sister Guillen is going to buy a scale today...then it will be the moment of truth. Am I a little nervous about what the scale will say? Maybe. baha don't send me any more sweets, okay? :)

We went to DiAnn's house the other day and Brad (a guy who lives with them) was on the phone while he was watching something on TV and he said "yeah, BYU is playing Gonzaga right now.... 40-41...." and I kind of lost it. hahaha we started talking about basketball and BYU and what I want to study and how I went to the BYU-Gonzaga game last year....Brad has always been kind of hard towards us, but when we were leaving and we finished our blessed BYU conversation, he shook my hand and said "love ya!" it was so sweet! Leave it to some BYU Men's Basketball to soften a heart! Thanks Tyler Haws! It was a little tender mercy from the Lord to get to talk about my beloved BYU.

Sad news: Jackie will not be getting baptized for a while. She told us she didn't want to continue learning right now because things are kind of crazy with her family. We are bummed, but we know she will keep reading the Book of Mormon and praying. We love her so much!

We saw tons of miracles this week!! The day after Christmas, we were led to 3 new people who want to learn about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. From those first meetings, they are now all on date to be baptized in January :) We are very excited!! We met a wonderful family - we love them so much and they already love us! The single mom, Shirley was born Catholic and then started going to a Christian church, but has always felt like something was missing so she doesn't really go super often. She loves the church and the people, but she just can't get over that feeling of being spiritually empty. We testified of the truthfulness of the Gospel and this is what she is looking for. She and her son both are excited to be baptized in January!! 

Another very sweet tender mercy from the Lord this week: we are sitting in Gospel Principles (a class about the basic beliefs of the Church) and someone's phone goes off and it sounds like a bell. The teacher then said "oh! An angel just got its wings!" very nonchalantly and continued with the class and I was just so grateful!! For those of you who don't know, that comes from the Christmas movie: "It's a Wonderful Life". My family watches that movie every single year during Christmastime. It warmed my heart to have a sweet reminder in such an unexpected place of cherished traditions with my wonderful family. :) 

I testify that Heavenly Father loves each one of His children so unconditionally. He is mindful of all of us. I am always amazed with how well He knows ME. Just being a young girl in Kansas trying to serve Him the best I can, how could He care specifically about me? But I KNOW He does. He knows our specific needs and He knows how to help us if we let Him. We are so blessed. :)

I love you all so very much! Again, Happy New Year!

Con todo mi corazon y mi amor, 

Hermana Shumway



Thanks family!

Future missionary :)

Garden City, errybody! Noheli making me feel
better on Christmas :)

No comments:

Post a Comment