Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Week 26: "He is the Gift"

Okay. Apologies from last week:

Sorry about my awful grammar with the pictures I sent "ME and Sister Guillen"... I know Dad noticed and I was a little ashamed. haha (Lucky for you Audge, you have a sister-in-law that corrected your grammar in your blog post :) But, it's still probably good you rectified it with your dad since he saw your original caption:))

MOM! I got your package and thank you so much! I LOVE all the warm things! I have been enjoying them :) it has been pretty warm here the past few days, but they are still getting used, I promise :) thank you!

Thank you so much to the Hancock family for the sweet note and gift card! I love you!

Hmmm. I feel like this week went by SO quickly, I don't even know what happened...hmm. Well. Update about April and Cesar: They are having some Law of Chastity logistics issues and we are unsure how the Bishop and Mission President want us to move forward. We are still waiting to know what direction to take. We and them of course want them to be baptized as soon as possible, but we don't want to break up their family. I just love that little family oh so very much!! We will see what happens this week.

We saw some awesome miracles this week!!! A young woman in our ward went with us to contact one of her friends, Jackie, this week. She was really sweet and sounds like she really would like to come to the activities and things. The YW texted us this morning and told us that Jackie's dad told her how proud he is of her and that he and her mom are really excited for us to meet with them!!! We are really excited :))

AND we met a teenage boy on a doorstep who accepted the Book of Mormon and baptism for the 24th of December and seemed really excited so we are stoked to meet his family too and start teaching them! It's gonna be a goooood week!

This past week and continuing this week we have been using the new church video "He is the Gift" in order to invite people to learn more about the restored Gospel and Church of Jesus Christ. If you haven't seen it. SEE IT.  It makes me cry every single time and Sister Guillen always laughs at me :) haha it brings the Spirit SO strongly, you just can't help but cry! I have been thinking a lot about how I feel when I receive a gift at Christmas. I'm excited about it for like a week or maybe like a month at MOST and then the excitement and joy that came from the new gift is gone. Then I thought about how I would feel if that excitement and that joy never went away. The gift given by Heavenly Father, His beloved Son Jesus Christ, is a gift that will never stop bringing us joy and happiness. It is eternal. It is infinite. It can be used every day, every minute, every second. And the feelings we get when we "open the gift", or use the Atonement of Jesus Christ, will never lose their power and will never stop bringing us eternal happiness. The only way to open the gift and access His power is through baptism by the power of Jesus Christ, the priesthood, that can only be found in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. HE is the gift. From a merciful Father who loves us enough to give us a Savior so we could return to live with Him again. I am so excited to be a missionary right now!!

THE CHURCH IS TRUE.
Discover the Gift.
Embrace the Gift.
#SharetheGift with everyone you know!
christmas.mormon.org

I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!! :)

Con todo mi corazon y mi amor,

Hermana Shumway


Reunited!! Hermana Adams and I. So awesome to see her
so often!!

We will #ShareTheGift by baptizing twelve in the
Garden City Zone this month!!

Singing in the Christmas Party talent show with
Noheli and Marisabel :) So fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment