Saturday, December 27, 2014

Week 28: Love is Motive

Merry Christmas!!! It's SO weird that Christmas is this week. Just a normal week for a missionary! ;)

From John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son..." we learn that God's motive for sending Jesus Christ into the world was LOVE. Our loving Heavenly Father, knowing that we would not be able to return to His presence if we were spotted with the sins of the world and the weaknesses of mortality, gave us the infinite and eternal gift of His Son, Jesus Christ, who can cleanse us and strengthen us so we can live with God again. How grateful I am for Him. Just like love is God's motive for everything He does, love should also be the motive for everything we do. I love thinking about that! :) Merry Christmas, all! :)

Thank you, thank you, thank you to so many people this week!
Thank you to Uncle Tim and Aunt Stephanie and family for the Christmas card - everyone looks so grown up! Especially Tyler and David! What happened?! Thank you to Clifford Nelson for the card! Thank you to Grandma Carter and Sister McLendan for the sweet cards you sent too! Hopefully I'll get a little something sent out to all of you today! Thank you again!

We went to the zoo today! The zoo here in Garden City is FREE! It was so fun even though a lot of the animals were put away for the winter. We had a really good time :) I'll attach some fun pictures we took :)

Hmmm...news from last week.
We worked really hard this week to find new people to teach and to build up our teaching pool. The whole week we found no one. The Lord blessed us with 3 new investigators on SUNDAY. The last day of the week. And 2 of those 3 came to church on Sunday! We definitely feel so blessed.
We are still working with a super prepared 13 year old named Jackie. She is the CUTEST girl ever. So stinkin sweet and so in tune with the Spirit. She is reading the Book of Mormon every day and is so committed to doing everything we invite her to do because she knows it will help her draw closer to Jesus Christ. It is SO cool. I love her so much. So so much. She will get baptized very soon :)

I had some really cool experiences with the Spirit this week. There were a couple times when I was teaching and I would get the thought to say something and I would say it then realize I had never thought of whatever it was like that before! You always know it comes from the Spirit when you are learning new things about the Gospel as you are teaching someone else. They were some very cool experiences. :) I am so grateful that I have the blessing of having the gift of the Holy Ghost to guide and direct me on my mission. I can definitely feel his power more and more as I humble myself and am exactly obedient and know and expect that the Lord is guiding me :)

I love you all so very much! Thank you for all of your support and love!

Con todo mi corazon y mi amor,

Hermana Shumway


April, Cesar, and their cute family.

Cool lion seat.

bahahaha!
Sister Guillen and I at the entrance!


It's all about that Book of Mormon!


No comments:

Post a Comment