Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Week 30: Just call me MAMA!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!! So crazy that it's 2015! Like...what?

We rang in the New Year missionary style with playing some games with some members. We had to be in our apartment at 8:00pm rather than at 9:00pm so the members set their clocks ahead so we could "ring in the New Year" at least somewhat :) I am so grateful for wonderful members.

Yes, I am TRAINING. So crazy! In the mish we say "I'm having a daughter!!" so that's the reason for the subject. I got the training packet on Wednesday and was kind of in shock. I'm super excited, but nervous. Her name is Hermana Mendoza from Oakdale, California! I can't wait to meet her on Wednesday! Going to learn soooo much :) and have lots of fun!

It was pretty cold this week. I put some feet warmers IN my socks on day. NOT a good idea. They were really nice when we were walking around cuz my feet weren't cold at all but when we got home, they like burned my feet. hahaha it was so funny! I slipped on some ice yesterday when we got out of an appointment and fell right on my back. hahah I just laid on the ground laughing for a few minutes, it was pretty hilarious :) there's tons of ice EVERYWHERE. I'll send a video of how awesome INTENSE the wind was the other day when we were WALKING to a baptism. haha you're all gonna love it.

Someone told me this week that I look like a German Mennonite...that was a new one.
Angie and Shania are still doing awesome :) They are coming to everything they possibly can - sports night at the church, baptisms... - and are starting to plan out what they want in their baptism program for the 17th! We are really excited :) They are so awesome - they are like sponges. Everything they learn whether it's from us or from church they want to and try to apply it immediately.

I love you all so much! Hope you're making some awesome goals for the New Year! Just remember to involve the Lord in your goal setting and He will help you know what HE wants you to achieve this year :) Seek His guidance and His help in all things :) I know He lives and loves us all.

Con todo mi corazon y mi amor,

Hermana Shumway

Ringing in 2015!

My training packet!!

Some yard covered in ice!!


                                     The CRAZY wind. hahahaha......oh my. Good experience :)

No comments:

Post a Comment