Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Week 71: "I want Jesus!" - Jaden

Hello loving family and friends! This week flew by sooooo fast. Not
fair! Anyway, lots of miraculous things happened - the Lord really
made things happen cuz we had tons of meetings and not a lot of times,
but he sure consecrated the time we did have.

Happy Birthday Sister Seigfried!!

Thanks Mom and family for sending me all those cute notes from
reunion! I love them!

Shout out to my sibs: I would love a letter from each of you before my
mission ends. If that's possible, I would really love that! Thanks!

So the greatest miracle I want to share is the miracle of Kalimah! I
think I told you about her last week: a member brought her to general
conference on Sunday and this week's he has progressed so much!!!
She's getting baptized on the 24th and she's owning it!! She told so
many people at church yesterday about her baptism and she participated
in the classes like a member. She is so excited to be baptized and I
love her! She has a 3 year old son named Jaden and yesterday when we
were teaching her the restoration, the Spirit was super strong and her
son, who is a little crazy whispered "I want Jesus!" And we just
looked at him like..... What? :) just a few minutes prior I tried
distracting him by showing him pictures of Christ and I whispered just
the simple truths: that He knows him and loves him so much. Then a few
minutes after hearing those truths he said that - it was a tender
experience and brought Kalimah to tears. She has had soooo many
spiritual confirmations and it has been such a blessing to be there
with her during those confirmations. She says some pretty cool things
sometimes that really just hit us how prepared she totally is. It is
truly amazing!!

I love you all so much!! Have an amazing week!!

Con todo mi corazón y mi amor,

Hermana Shumway

MLC

Exchanges with the Pratt Sisters!! Sister Peterson and
Sister Tafua!! #prattskillinit

No comments:

Post a Comment