Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Week 39: "Where are we - Utah??"

HELLLOOOOO TODOS!!!

Happy birthday this week to AARON!!!! Hope you have an awesome day, big bro!
Shout out thank you to Jake Jacobus, my BYU astronomy buddy, for sending me a letter this week!!! I loved it! Thanks!

So at a dinner appointment with a member we were telling him about our week and we told him that one night we felt like we needed to knock some doors on a specific street so we did! We knocked one door...and found a less active! We knocked another door...and found a sorta recent convert from Dodge there at her parent's house! So the subject line is what he said in response to that...haha we were all laughing pretty hard :)

BIG NEWS FOR THE WEEK!!!!!! Well. Second biggest.
WE ARE GETTING IPADS. Yep. So that's cool. :)

The first biggest news is that we had a MIRACULOUS WEEK!! It was awesome. I testify that we "receive NO witness until AFTER the trial of our faith" [emphasis added for dramatic effect]. All the trials of the last couple weeks were just building to us meeting a super prepared family, the Basilio family, on Saturday (talking to them through their car - hey, gotta talk to everyone, right? even in the super awkward situations), having a return appointment with them on Sunday, and setting the mom and 2 of the kids on a baptismal date for March 29th. They are SO prepared. They all accepted to live the Word of Wisdom NOW and the mom prayed, asking God to help them reach this goal of baptism. Heavenly Father never ceases to amaze me with how prepared these people are for the Gospel. I pray Sister Mendoza and I do all in our power to help them battle the trials that will come as they follow Jesus Christ. We are hoping the dad and the other 2 kids will join in on our lessons and accept to be baptized with the rest of their family. :) The Lord makes miracles happen!!!

Okay. FUNNY thing that happened this week. Remember when I was in training, I always introduced myself as Sister Hymas??? Welllllllll..... :D We knocked a door, Sister Mendoza was taking the lead and she said: "Hi, I'm Sister Shumway..." and I just BUSTED up laughing. hahaha I loved it!! And I stepped in and said: "Hi I'M Sister Shumway, this is Sister Mendoza :)))" haha they of course were super confused but it was awesome :) I was so proud. hahaha

Well, I think that's all for the news this week! I love you all so so much and I know the Atonement is real. I had the opportunity this week to share some of my tender growing experiences on my mission with Sister Mendoza and the tears just flowed. It was awesome to remember them and see the growth I have experienced in these past 9 months. Can't wait for 9 more!!!! I am SO grateful for the trials I have had and the miracles the Lord has allowed me to be a part of. External and internal. :) The Church is true. I know it. I feel it. I know Joseph Smith was a prophet of God, called of God to do a very important work for the salvation of the human race. The adversary works SO hard against these truths. If they weren't truths, the world would have destroyed them and buried them years and years ago and the true Church of Jesus Christ would not be throughout the whole world as it is today. I love being a missionary, I love Kansas :)

Con todo mi corazon y mi amor,

Hermana Shumway


Yep.....it happened. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment