Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Week 3: Let The Storm Rage On

Hola from the CCM!!! How fun is that?! This place is soooo great.
Reason for title: 
Every Sunday we watch a video with ALL the missionaries in the CCM. Last Sunday we watched The Testaments (watch it if you haven´t seen it) and in it one of the girls says (talking about the knowledge of Christ and His true teachings): ´´in all your years of believing have you never felt this storm in your heart?´´´
This quote hit me SOOOOO hard. I have felt this storm of the truth of the gospel in my heart. I am grateful for the Spirit to witness these truths to me when I am sincerely seeking them. Oh how I love this gospel!
I got to speak in Sacrament last week - all in Spanish - about the Atonement. It went really well, but I feel like I repeated myself a lot, but whatevs it was from the heart :)

I saw Elder Branham and Sister Hopkins (Bronté my roommate) during our live devotional!!! They were singing in the choir!!! It was so awesome - reminded me of the joy Alma felt when he was reunited with the Sons of Mosiah. I was bawling - just so happy we are doing this together!

Random thing about the CCM: the lights turn off in the cafeteria at 8:05 EVERY morning. no one knows why.

I GOT 2 PACKAGES LAST WEEEK!!!!! It made my life. Thank you so much Hancock family and Eric Wade Schofield!! Thank you thank you thank you!!!
We ate some pancakes with the MTC President´s wife today - in their home!!!! It was pretty legit, I guess... ;) we played bball with their granddaughter so that´s how we got an in. it was so fun.

Okay, another reason for the title, it has been raining like CRAAAAAAAY!!!!! Oh my word. We run in the pouring rain every single day. it is so fun!!!! But really, when it rains it pours. 

We eat a lot here. Read Proverbs 28:25. It´s so true. 

Dad, cool application of Alma 32. You have to nourish and attend to trees all the year long...but only reap the benefits in their season. We have to nourish our faith always, but sometimes we feel like we are reaping the benefits more than other times. We still have to keep the tree healthy all year round though in order to receive those blessings. Made me think of you and your trees :) Miss you! 

The CCM´s FIRST year anniversary was the 24th of June.

OH! I can do the cool finger snapping thing! Yeah. I feel pretty legit.

I just want to bear my testimony that I know the Atonement is so so real. I can apply it to every aspect of my life. I am so grateful for my Savior and Redeemer and the wonderful enabling power of grace. I know He lives. One of my favorite songs in the Spanish hymnbook is Yo Se Que Vive Mi Señor. Let me tell you. It is SOOO cool in Spanish. I KNOW without a shadow of a doubt that He wants me to be here and I love having this opportunity to represent Him. His grace, His strength is sufficient for all - in every aspect of our lives. This is not about me, this is about HIM. The storm, this truth of my Savior and His gospel has raged in my heart more than ever before. I love Him. I know that as we follow His commandments, we will be blessed. As we seek Him and seek to develop His attributes, we will be strengthened beyond our furthest capacity. He will fit the task to our capabilities. He loves us. He LOVES us.

I love you all, so so much. Thank you for your prayers and your love.

Con todo mi corazon y mi amor,

Hermana Shumway

No comments:

Post a Comment