Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Week 2: I Believe In A Thing Called Love

This week has been stellar!! I only have 5 minutes left so I only have time to share a couple things that happened this week.

First, we had our last lesson with Enrique at the end of last week and I decided that I was tired of just reading off a piece of paper my lesson, so I was praying sooooo hard that I would be able to speak to him, feel the Spirit, know what to say, and say my memorized scripture to him without struggling too much.
I taught about the Atonement. It was awwwwesome. I said my scripture, John 3:16-17 (in Spanish) the best I ever had and felt prompted to testify rather than continue to teach the kingdoms of glory at the end of the lesson. It was such a spiritual experience and I was so grateful for that answer to my prayers. I know this church is true. The gospel is perfect. I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God. The atonement is real. It is such a strength to me. I hardly used my notes too!! It was great. The Lord blesses His missionaries.

On Sunday, we had a devotional with Elder Scott. It was awwwwwesome. The theme for this week is love because I have felt the love of God and my Savior in EVERYTHING. That devotional, Elder Scott hit that so hard. I know God loves me. He wants me to succeed. He did not send me on a mission, call me to Kansas, to fail. I am here to succeed GLORIOUSLY. Being on a mission is hard, hard, work, but it's so rewarding.

Interesting things about the CCM:

-They have fruit tamales for breakfast.

-The fish is really good.

-Mom, my bug bites aren't gone yet.

-I saw a bumblebee for the first time and thought it was the cutest thing ever. I even had a dream about it.

-It rains allllll the time.

-I see tons of kids from school and EFY.

-They have really good chips here.

-I make my bed every morning.

-They have lots of bread - complete with a nutella and peanut butter bar.

-Really weird breakfast foods, let me tell you.

-Really good desserts though - mexicans know how to do it.

Good luck Elder White!! You'll love it!

I love you all so much. Thank-you for your prayers and your support. I love you, I love you, I LOVVVE YOU!!!!

I think about you so much.

Hermana Shumway

No comments:

Post a Comment