Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Week 67: Faith and Patience......a little more inseparable than I thought

Exchanges in Newton!!!

Oh!!!!! Sarah and Stephen I am so sorry I forgot to wish you a happy birthday last week :( but happy birthday!!! I hope you had a great day!

SISTER MENDOZA IS AN STL!!!!!!!! :D!!!! Oh my heck she is such a good missionary and will help the other Sisters SOOOO much. I love her. 

Shoutout to Sister Dani Shumway and Sister Noheli Trejo who entered the MTC this week! Being a missionary is the best thing in the world. Such a privilege and a blessing. Your time is short, cherish it now and savor every moment as a representative of Christ. I LOVE YOU!!!

This week I pondered a lot about my relationship with Jesus Christ and my true motives for doing missionary work, why do I do what I do? I have been feeling a little separation from Him lately but I found so much comfort in the scriptures. Especially in 3 Nephi 22:7-8. Read it, it's AWESOME. I also read a talk called Lessons from Liberty Jail and was able to talk to Sister Furner (pictured above) a TON about the Atonement. I have been striving to use the Atonement to turn my good into better and become who the Lord needs me to be for the rest of my life. I pray I am changing to fulfill His plan! I feel like I am learning so much and experiencing so much and I love it!!!

Good news!!! Transfers are this week and I'm staying in Bel Aire with Sister Bringhurst!! We are really striving to strengthen each other's weaknesses. It's interesting because I see what she thinks are her weaknesses as strengths because they are qualities that I don't have them! Haha I know it's hard to understand, but we are going to be focusing on that a lot this transfer. 

The Lord showed us so many of His tender mercies this week. I learned that we can have so much faith in Jesus Christ and His power and His Atonement, but if we don't have the faith to be patient and trust in God's timing...we'll get real discouraged reeeeeal quick and then it's like we never had faith in the first place! 

Well, I love you so much and am grateful for your love and prayers!!!

Con todo mi amor y mi corazón,

Hermana Shumway

Bowling! Always quite the adventure, but SO worth it!!

An accidental dinner appointment. A
Cambodian soup with lots of seafood I'd
never heard of before......good thing I'm
adventurous with food!! And the thing
on the right is the dessert. It had sticky
rice on the outside and coconut on the
inside!!


No comments:

Post a Comment