Saturday, August 22, 2015

Week 63: New town Newton!!

Hello from Wicheeta!!! :)

This week, I was not in Wichita at all!!

We did a 5 day companion exchange! I went to Newton, KS and served
with Sister Wall while her companion, Sister Mehr, served with Sister
Bringhurst here! It was a lot of fun and we saw a ton of miracles!!!
I'm pretty sure I have worked more there than I have here in my own
area...haha I felt like the investigators and members were my own! I
got to speak a ton of Spanish which was so fun!!

One of the greatest miracles was that an investigator who the Sisters
have been teaching for over a year accepted a baptismal date the first
day I was there!!!! We helped her understand what faith REALLY is -
how it's a principle of power and ACTION - and helped her see that she
will not receive the answer she is seeking unless she ACTS on what she
does know. So she accepted to be baptized and take the steps to
prepare. I know she will be baptized because she has shown her real
intent as it describes in Moroni 10:3-5!!

Really awesome things happened last week and I wish I had time to tell
you all of them but I don't!!! Haha

All I can say is this past week I have realized that I wake up soooo
happy and excited to have another day to be a missionary :) How
grateful I am for this choice blessing and privilege in my life.

I hope you all have an awesome week! Love ya!

Con todo mi corazón y mi amor,

Hermana Shumway



I played volleyball with her in middle school!
#smallworld

Two mosquitoes tried to bite me at the same
time......best believe I wasn't about to let that
happen! 


New convert!

Sister Wall and I :) She is serving in Newton!


No comments:

Post a Comment