Monday, June 1, 2015

Week 52: Focus on Becoming

Happy Anniversary to Brenton and Sarah on June 6th!! I hope you have an awesome day celebrating your looooove!

Thank you Kurzawski family for the package!! I absolutely loved it :)

This past week was awesome!
We had a training in Wichita on Wednesday - iPad training! Where we hardly talked about iPads! haha Elder Clark and Elder Lee (both members of the 70, I believe) came to train us a little bit about iPads and a lot-a-bit about life. They talked so much about family and how to prepare for marriage and to have a successful eternal family. I took SO many notes and love my mission for giving me a solid vision for what kind of person should be my eternal companion and what we need to do together to raise a righteous family. He talked a lot about being truly converted and how we can get the Gospel of Christ into our hearts. Hence the title of the email: focus on becoming. Something President Bell says all the time that I LOVE is: "I love you so much. I love you not for who you are, but for who you are becoming." The Lord wants us to be happy, but never content. Every day we must strive to become true disciples of Jesus Christ. I love that idea and it has uplifted and strengthened me for my whole mission. I hope it does the same for you :)

Sorry this is going to be really short! We are starting to teach a couple new families thanks to the efforts of last week which we are really excited about :) Thank you so much for your prayers on my behalf - for all the missionaries' behalf! We all feel them and appreciate them so much. Keep praying for missionary opportunities! The Lord needs willing soldiers in His army so pick up that sword of the word of the Spirit and get to swinging! haha that was a little dorky, but hey, I'm a missionary :)

haha I love you all so much! We have a temple trip tomorrow!!! Oh I need the temple so so badly. I am so excited to go to the House of the Lord and be reminded of covenants I have made there and feel of the power of the Atonement :) there will be lots of pictures and things to share next week!

I love you! Have an awesome week full of miracles!!

Con todo mi corazon y mi amor,

Hermana Shumway

With Noheli and her call in front of what the Elder's call our
"Smurf Shack"!

With Dariana and Esther!! :D.....excuse the air freshener..

Some horse therapy......:) One of the members in the
community signed us up for a leadership deal with horses.
We learned a lot! It's all about perspective....

No comments:

Post a Comment