Friday, May 15, 2015

Week 47: "Be intense and change forever."

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY on Sunday to all the beautiful mothers :) I hope you have a very special day! The Lord loves His precious daughters!

Thank you to almost the whole Inman family for their letters! For Jesse who sent me one individually then to Jake and Torie for sending me letters due to a Surprise YSA activity! And also to Branden Maben for also sending me a letter in the YSA activity :) I LOVED it! As I'm sure all of the other missionaries in the stake did! You're the best! Thank you to Bronte for the Paris postcard! Thank you for thinking of me :)

Happy Birthday to my dear big sister Cara!! Have an awesome day on Sunday, Curah! Love ya!

Alright, now down to the nitty gritty. I hope you all had such a good week last week!!! Our week was pretty crasy. I fell off my bike 3 times....so that was good! Gave us some really good laughs :)
Cool miracle! So as a mission, we have been promised by a general authority that if we talk to 10 new people every day, our baptisms will quadruple! So. Sister Rosell and I have been going hard to do that every single day. As well as invite for baptism at least twice every single day - one invite each. So. We had some extra time one day this week and decided to use it to contact new people - we call it "going fishing" because of course the Lord will always bless us with more "fish" or people to teach. So we were going fishing and no one was answering their doors/didn't want to talk to us or hear our glorious message of the truth of Jesus Christ. So we kept moving forward and had time for one more door! We knocked and met a young man who loves Jesus Christ. Instead of doing the normal routine, I decided to switch it up. Instead of jumping right in, we asked him a few questions about himself and expressed our love for him and God's love for him. We brought in the Gospel and we gave him a Book of Mormon. As Sister Rosell was inviting him to be baptized, I was looking down at a card writing our information down and when she finished, I looked up and waited for his response. You could see the light in his eyes as he accepted to follow the Savior. We were about to move on and the Spirit said to me: "why aren't you going to invite him for a specific date?" and I said "well, I dunno!" haha so I did it and he accepted that too! We are excited to go back and meet the rest of his family :) I love that the Lord blesses us with these miracles to help us recognize continually that His hand truly is in this work - of course it is, because it's His! :)

Those we are teaching are doing so so well. Investigators and less actives alike are progressing so much and we are so blessed :) I know the Lord is leading us to those who will accept this message of the fullness of Jesus Christ and His Gospel.

So. ELDER HOLLAND.
On Saturday morning, as a mission we had the incredible opportunity to hear one of the Apostles of Jesus Christ - pause for a sec and ponder on that - teach us and share his testimony with us. I'm not sure what I could say to describe how that experience was - it truly was just...intense. The Spirit was so strong as I felt his witness that that man, although he is just a man, is called, chosen, and ordained of God. Not because he chose to be, not because he wanted to be, not because he has a degree from some seminary, but because the LORD ordained HIM. As the Savior says to His disciples in the New Testament: "You have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you." I could feel and I know by the witness of the Holy Ghost, that his apostleship is as real as the original 12 Apostles of Jesus Christ. As he shook my hand and as he looked into my eyes, I did see just a man, but a man who had been given keys or authority, as Peter has, a man who has developed the attributes of Christ and that has become his character. I learned so so much from him. And I will forever be grateful to my merciful and kind and loving Heavenly Father for blessing me with such a divinely inspiring experience.

I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the Lord's kingdom on the Earth. I know that we have a living breathing prophet on the earth today who receives revelation directly from Jesus Christ. If you want to know too, read the Book of Mormon. Everything goes back to that book. As it says in Moroni 10:5, as you read and pray about the Book of Mormon, "by the power of the Holy Ghost you may know the truth of ALL things." We all have this sacred privilege to know God's absolute truth of all things. We all have been given this sacred promise. Miracles await as we exercise our faith and do as Moroni and James have instructed that is "ask of God" :)

I love you so so much :) Thank you for all of your support and love that you continuously show me. Have an incredible miraculous week!

Con todo mi corazon y mi amor,

Hermana Shumway

Guymon Pioneer Day service! Helping set up for the rodeo!


At the corner of Oklahoma and the panhandle
on the way back from the meeting with
Elder Holland! haha, we had to take a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment