Saturday, April 18, 2015

Week 44: "We're not in Kansas anymore...."

Bahaha! Thanks Dorothy :)

Thanks to Elder Ringger for the letter this week! I loved it!

Well. This week was just great! It went by so fast! Disclaimer! I'm not gonna write super a ton, but it has been a great week! Of course, we had some trials, but the Lord never ceases to give us miracles as well :)

I got to speak in the little branch yesterday! I spoke on miracles and the greatest miracle of all: the resurrection of Jesus Christ. And because that miracle happened, every other miracle is not improbable. I love that thought :) because of the Atonement, if we have sufficient faith, anything, any miracle, can happen. We get to help out a lot in the branch - with teaching Primary classes and playing the piano, teaching the youth...it's awesome! The mission surely prepares you for the callings you'll have later in life! I am excited to work more closely with the branch and bring more people in :)

A member of the quorum of the 12 is coming to talk to the whole mission in May!!!!!!!!!!! Can you say STOKED. Yeah, gotta prepare really well for that crazy awesome experience!!!!!

Now a little bit about Sister Rosell! She is the youngest in her family as well! Youngest of 6 even!! She is 20 years old and super cute! She is from Orange County, California, but doesn't like the ocean. She's taller than me....not saying much.... She and I are really similar, I feel. We get along great and I love her!

We had a lot of very interesting conversations with people who disagree with our beliefs this week - for some reason it happened more than usual. It was awesome to testify of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon and the nature of God and Jesus Christ. I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I know that testifying of the truth is so much more powerful than arguing. Sister Rosell and I were discussing how we just want to give everyone a little glimpse of how their lives could be with the fullness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ in their lives - then they would understand why we just want so badly for them to read the Book of Mormon, come to church, pray about Joseph Smith, be baptized, etc so they can feel for themselves what WE feel. This is the TRUTH. Absolute TRUTH of Jesus Christ. Everyone wants it, everyone needs it. :)

We were able to meet so many families this week and help them get started in their progression in the Gospel - with a few of them accepting to prepare for baptism!!! I am grateful for the comfort the Gospel brings to families. Death has no sting, the grave no victory. We can and will experience the joy of the everlasting Gospel and the fullness of the Atonement of Jesus if we would just simply open our hearts and our minds to this glorious message of the Restoration.
I know the Book of Mormon is TRUE. It is the word of God. I know Jesus Christ is the Son of God. They are separate beings, but united in purpose. I love them! :)

I love you all! I hope you have a spectacular week!

Con todo mi corazon y mi amor,

Hermana Shumway

I finally got to experience BRAUM'S. I have been hearing
about this place my whole mission! It's sooooo yummy. I
guess they don't build a restaurant anywhere over an hour
from where they get their ingredients - it's allllways fresh.
Yummy, yummy, ice cream!

Bikes. Lots of bikes. In a small apartment. And the Elders! :)

Not sure why she has a sad face.....hmmm.
haha

Sister Rosell says this is what she pictures when she thinks
of Kansas, sooo of course we had to take a pic. :)  Just as we
were walking allll across Guymon back home!

No comments:

Post a Comment