Thursday, January 22, 2015

Week 32: Feeling the Power of Prayer

HEYYYLLOOOO!! I hope you all just had such a wonderful week last week!!

First big news: Angie and Shania are BAPTIZED!!! So so awesome :) I love them so much! When they came to the church to get their baptismal interviews, Angie's other daughter Jasmine came with them so we gave her a church tour and she totally felt the Spirit! She is not on date for baptism - YET - but I have faith as she sees the joy that Angie and Shania are feeling and the positive changes it has made in their family, she will want to experience the same thing and come closer to Jesus Christ through baptism as well :) We're excited to continue working with her.

Little side note about church tours: I get SO intense during church tours!! Like suuuper intense. I need to loosen up a little bit. haha anyway, I get so intense cuz I just feel the Spirit so strongly and powerfully. Sister Mendoza jokingly says that I "scare the Spirit into them". I just know Jesus Christ is REAL! The sacrament is so important and baptism is CRUCIAL!!

Big news from this week. We got in a car accident. We are all okay, so please don't worry, but it wasn't just a little fender bender. We were all amazed that no one got hurt. So we've been pretty busy filling out physical paperwork and paperwork online. But the day after the accident, we had an appointment with Angie and Shania and we were talking about missionary work. One of the commitments to extend at the end of that lesson is "Will you pray for the full-time missionaries?" So we extended that invitation and Angie immediately said "Oh yes! I already do, especially for your safety!!" Tears welled up in my eyes and the Spirit whispered to me: "That is why you're okay." I know I say thank you for your prayers every single week, but really. I am SO grateful for your prayers. I know that because of your prayers, we were protected in a scary situation. I am also so grateful for the members here in Garden City. They have been SO helpful in driving us to the places we need to go since we don't have a car anymore. The Relief Society President and her husband came to the accident site and stayed with us until everything got figured out. I have felt the love of our Savior so much this week. I know Heavenly Father hears and answers every single prayer. I love Him. I know He loves me and all of you, too :)

We have another baptism coming up this week on Saturday!! This will be another busy week preparing for that and helping Brenda be ready :) We are so excited!!!

I love you all so much. THANK YOU for your love and prayers :)


Con todo mi corazon y mi amor,

Hermana Shumway

Yay Angie and Shania!! :D We love them!


                                             The sound of water running in the church :))

No comments:

Post a Comment