Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Week 23: Inactive Members make for some Proactive Miracles


HELLO FROM KANSAS!!!

So I realized in my last email home I didn't end with "Con todo mi corazon y mi amor" and it made me really sad! But I promise I wrote it with all of both of those things :) haha

It's starting to get a little chilly out here in the heartland of America...on Sunday morning when we were driving to remind some people about church, a sign said 18.1 degrees. 18.1!!! I wish there was a way to capitalize numbers, because I totally would have done it just then. "!*>! degrees!!" <--- that's what it would have looked like... anyway, it was pretty brisk. We also got some snow this week...so that was pretty ridiculous. Had to scrape the car off and everything!!

BUT! On Sunday we had 53 people at church!!! 53!!!! Again. Want to capitalize the numbers. I have NEVER seen that many people in our branch! Such a miracle! So many less actives came and a couple investigators too! Actually one of our "investigators" that came became a new investigator AT CHURCH!!! She came with her son who is a member - miracles all over the place!! Just when I was feeling so unworthy to receive Heavenly Father's blessings - He rains down a TON.
One of the less-actives that came was one that we visited this week. I have only visited her twice and this time when Sister Seigfried and I went (unplanned visit), she just broke down and cried, saying she's so lonely and stuff and it was one of those moments when you know that Heavenly Father needed you there in order to lift her up. We were so happy she actually did come to church. It was a miraculous Sunday :)

With all of this talk going on about the Phoenix Temple dedication and all, I have been thinking a lot about temples and the wonderful things that happen there. This week, we went and visited Sonia and Jose and Sonia told us (in Spanish, obviously) "my dream is to get married for eternity in the temple, it's my dream!" So the whole time we were there we talked about how wonderful temples are and what we need to do to be prepared to go and make those sacred covenants with the Lord (and our spouse). I am so thrilled that she has already set her eyes and her heart on entering the temple and she is already taking the necessary steps to prepare. We have been talking to Jose a lot about the Priesthood and going to the temple for baptisms for the dead and they are both just so excited to go :) I love it. I love temples. :) It made me a little sad that I don't get to go super often anymore, it's like I'm having withdrawals. haha I pray I get to go sometime as a set-apart full-time servant of the Lord. I just think that would be the coolest experience :)

I am learning a lot about being humble. I have realized that I am a lot more prideful than I thought, in different ways than I thought. I am learning how to really use the Atonement of Jesus Christ to strengthen and uplift me when times are good and when times are tough. I know that this restored gospel of Jesus Christ is real and it's true. I know that Heavenly Father gives us trials, shows us our weaknesses, so that He can make us stronger if we allow Him to. I am so grateful for Him and His love for all of His children. I pray I will be able to develop His pure love in order to serve the people of Kansas as the Savior would. :)

I love you all so very much!! Thank you so much for all of your support, you just don't know how much I appreciate it!

CON TODO MI CORAZON Y MI AMOR,

Hermana Shumway :)

We went bowling with a member of our branch, Omar!!
I got over 100 in two of the three games we played
and I even did really silly shots! I won two of the three
games too! It was a lot of fun :)

ICE. :(

SNOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment