Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Week 21: "Get a life Satan!!!....oh wait. You can't."

The quote from this week is from Sister Seigfried! She said this a while ago, but it made me laugh really hard soooo I thought I would share it this week :) bahaha so funny.

So. Last week was a pretty good week. We saw a lot of miracles just with being in the right place at the right time. There were a couple times in the week when we really knew we were being instruments in the Lord's hands. Such a cool feeling :) One lady we tracted into and ended up having like an hour+ conversation about how Heavenly Father knows us all personally and is aware of everything we do. We testified of the divinity of the Book of Mormon and the restored church of Jesus Christ. She was so excited to read the Book of Mormon and go to church. We referred her to some English sisters and are so excited to hear about her progression :)
The other woman we met on the street as well. Her name is Christina. She walked past us, we said hi, and we walked opposite directions. Until she turned around and called to us again. She said she felt like she needed to talk to us because we were carrying a Bible (I had my Spanish scriptures in my hand). We ended up talking to her as well for about an hour about truths of the gospel of Jesus Christ and it was just amazing! I love being a missionary and having experiences like that.

We are going to have a missionary activity in the branch this week called "Un Dia en la Vida Misional" or "A Day in the Mission Life". We are trying to help the members understand exactly what we do as missionaries and help them have a spiritual experience in a mock teaching situation so they will be motivated to share the gospel with others. It should be a pretty fun activity so we're excited about that :)

This week I am going to start what is called the 40-Day Missionary Fast. It's a process of sanctification. It's where you fast from the things the Spirit tells you to for 40 days. Let me tell you, this is going to be TOUGH. And I'm scared and totally nervous out of my mind, but I know that leaping into the dark is what Heavenly Father needs me to do. I am excited but so...just. I don't know what's gonna happen! And I think that's the scariest part. We'll see where the Lord takes me in these 40 days. Probably down to the lowest low so my faith can be raised to the highest high. Please pray for me!

We worked in the bike shop this week and I learned how to seat a tire! That was fun. We are going to start going every week and I am super excited to learn all about bikes! It's awesome service and all of us missionaries in Topeka love doing it!

Well, I hope you all had a great Halloween! I love you all so much and I'm so grateful for such a wonderful family and great friends. Really. You all mean a ton to me. Thank you for all of the love, support and prayers you're sendin out to a little missionary in Topeka, Kansas. She appreciates it so much :)

Have such an amazing week all!!

Hermana Shumway

Some fall colors!! I love going down this street because
 there are so many leaves and colorful trees!

Dinner at Cici's!

Bike shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment