Monday, August 11, 2014

Week 9: Nothing


Okay, I know this is kind of a depressing and not super positive title, but it's the only one that I could think of to sum up the week! 
This week was very humbling. We had a specialized training on Thursday where I learned a TON, but also felt a lot of godly sorrow and divine discontent. I have a lot of work to do in order to be the missionary Heavenly Father needs me to be. We went on exchanges both last week AND the week before so that was kind of crazy and weird but I was talking to one of our Sister Training Leaders about how much I need to work on stuff and she asked me "how long have you been out?" and I just looked at her with a little smirk and said "2 months." haha she giggled and said "you aren't going to be perfect!" and I agreed. I just feel like Nephi sometimes: "Oh wretched [wo]man that I am!" haha nah, but really though! I will get it though! :) Heavenly Father will strengthen me and extend my capabilities :)

Very humbling week also in the sense that this work SERIOUSLY is not possible without the Spirit. We can't know how to help people, what someone needs, where to go, what to say, who to visit, what to teach, without the Spirit. A missionary and his/her companion are nothing without that third companion.

We are finding the elect among English speakers, but are having some trouble finding them in Spanish....please pray we will be able to find them!

Funny things:

Hispanic people pronounce my name funny. They think its chumoy...which is a candy. haha

Also, a lady in our ward always wants to call me Hermana Chumlee, like the guy off of Pawn Stars. haha that cracks me up every time and makes me think of dad :)

Keep the prayers coming!

I love you all so much! 
I love being a missionary!
The church is true!

Con todo mi corazon y mi amor,

Hermana Shumway

No comments:

Post a Comment