Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Week 75:.....must press forward with a perfect brightness of hope.

HELLOOOOOOO from Wicheeta!

Last week was full of meetings and planning and preparing for meetings! So that's always fun :)
One of the highlights of the week was eating dinner with the Gonda family and their beautiful children!

Will - the boy on the left - drew this and said "this is you and me!" I just about died! Haha they are such an awesome family.

Now the news you have been waiting for: Kalimah did not get baptized. It's a very long story.....but the gist is that she spent some time with people that belong to another faith and they were somehow able to convince her in a few moments that she should attend church with them and that she shouldn't be baptized. It was quite the weekend. We did all we possibly could, but her decision was made and my heart was just very sad.
However, as I testified to her one night, I was just shaking with passion and I received a witness yet again of the reality of Jesus Christ and His Gospel, the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon, and that everyone MUST be baptized by the authority of Jesus Christ in order to receive all that the Father has. As I watched her receiving so much opposition, I just cried. It was like watching the war in heaven in real life and I just felt so small in the middle of it. It was wonderful to feel the peace of the Spirit as I turned to Christ for help. Choose the great Mediator!

Now the task on the daily is to find our Cornelius (Acts 10) we are making plans to make sure we are staying on top of it and doing this work in the Lord's way, applying the Lord's faith model in Luke 17 by expecting the impossible and doing more than what's expected - using the Atonement everyday. I know the Lord will work a miracle. All we need is to have faith sufficient for Him to work through us :)

A wonderful miracle did happen on Sunday! A super missionary minded member took us out to introduce us to some of her neighborhood "acquaintances" (yes, she has so much faith!!) and a family she introduced us to allowed us to come in, accepted a Book of Mormon and said they'd read it, and said we could come back! Yay! :) We are so grateful for the Lord's hand in this work! Oh how I love Him and desire to give all I am to Him.

I hope you all have a wonderful week! Share your testimony with a friend :)

Con todo mi corazon y mi amor,

Hermana Shumway

My picture from Will :)

Look at all those birds!!

"End of life Planning Seminar"?? I'm in!! Haha!

MTC district!!!! Lots of months later.... Haha

List of departures....not on there!! :D
Prez said I could extend!!!

Just kidding.






No comments:

Post a Comment