Monday, November 9, 2015

Week 73: Believing IN Him vs Believing Him

Hello my people! Haha just kidding!

So I know you're all wondering how Kalimah's baptism went!! Some
events transpired....and her baptism has been postponed until November
7th!! She is doing well though, just a couple things to straighten
out. We went over to pick her up for a dinner appointment with a
member family and she had this on her door!!

Haha it's all good....

This week I have been pondering a lot the difference between believing IN Christ and believing Christ. Believing in Christ to me means that I believe in what He says, like He really can change lives, heal infirmities, and redeem us from sin. But for everyone else....not me. But believing Christ is believing He can do that for ME. He can change my heart and my nature. I pray to believe Him more and more every day.

I am grateful for this mission. I am grateful for the culture of faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement.

Transfers are this week.... Sister Bringhurst is heading to PRATT KANSAS!!!!! I will miss her so dearly. This last week we made a mutual binding commitment to Heavenly Father that we would talk to 10 new people every day and teach at least 4 new people lessons, asking the Lord that He would bless us with a family to teach! It was amazing to exercise our faith, some days even to the last possible moment, and know the Lord would keep His promise to us - and He did!!! I haven't met them yet, Sister Bringhurst met them while we were on exchanges, but the family sounds awesome!!!

The church is true. The Book of Mormon is the word of God and Jesus is the Christ.

I love you all so much! Have a great week.

Con todo mi corazón y mi amor,

Hermana Shumway

#nofilter :) It made us so happy :)

Then her son wouldn't take a picture with me :(

No comments:

Post a Comment