Monday, November 9, 2015

Week 74: Growing Pains

Hey Fam and Friends!

So guess what! I totally forgot to tell you, but Elder Stevenson came
to our mission on Saturday and held a mission conference with all of
us!!! It was awesome :) I felt the Spirit sooooo strongly and he
seriously changed my life. So many of my questions were answered and
my testimony of preparation was strengthened so much. I love my
mission. As I was sitting there, reveling in the Spirit, I was
overwhelmed with gratitude for my mission. Words just can't express!
Tears can though! Haha I learned a ton about humility and vision and
the power of testimony. It was an amazing surprise to the mission - we
only knew he was coming like a week before! It was a great Halloween!

So transfers of course were last week. Lots of adjusting and
opportunities to grow! Sister Palmer and I are very different, she is
very sweet, understanding and loving and I am..... So anyway...
Definitely have different strengths! She will teach me a lot in the
next several weeks. It was really hard to say goodbye to some of my
best homies though. Shout out to Elder Riddle, Sister Bringhurst,
Elder Pututau, and a Elder Brown. Miss ya guys. All is well in the
HEARTLAND!!! I have felt great comfort in knowing Jesus Christ will
always be here with me :) I love Him!

We fasted with Kalimah yesterday! She is so excited to be baptized
this weekend! We love her so much! This week she even bore her
testimony to her friend!! It was awesome :)
Oh! Cool miracle! So we finally caught Toshjanae, an investigator who
was on date for baptism, at home on Friday! At first she was like "I
don't have time for this in my life, I don't want to talk to you." But
then we testified hard core and I reminded her of the spiritual
experiences we have had together and then she said "actually, you can
come by Sunday!" Yeah - miracle of the Atonement and the power of the
Spirit RIGHT in front of our faces. We walked away and the Spirit was
like "why did you not invite her to be baptized again...?" And I was
like. Oh snap. So I told Sister Palmer we had to go back and knock
again!! We did! And we invited her, cleared up some of her concerns,
invited her again, and she said yes!!! It was great. I am so grateful
for the Holy Ghost and His help :)

Ohhhh another cool miracle!! So we felt prompted Sunday morning as we
were praying to go visit a few referrals (a family) from an active
member before church. We went. And saw a miracle! Imagine that.
Miracles happen when we just listen to the Spirit y'all. Anywho. So we
went and knocked on their door and the dad, Thomas, was super excited
to let us in! He told us that he has been reading in the Book of
Mormon and loves his LDS friends and the LDS culture. We knew we had
to invite him to be baptized! We did and he accepted to be baptized
TODAY! Haha we were like....uhhhhh maybe on the 21st? :) he was like
"if that's what I need to do, that's what I need to do, and I need to
do it soon!!" It was awesome :) we are so grateful for miracles!!

So, I love you all! Happy November! Choose the Right. Happiness will follow :)

Con todo mi corazón y amor,

Hermana Shumway

Bye Sister Bringhurst....notice how I'm
ALWAYS in the passengers seat? ...... :|

Bateman Family!!

That awkward moment when....

Sister Palmer and I. #nofilter #canyoutell?

Taking out the new missionary and Sister Gonda!!! I got real
emotional when Sister Joyner was introducing the
Book of Mormon to someone....I LOVE THIS.
Brought back tender feelings of my first day!

Bowling for P-day!

No comments:

Post a Comment