Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Week 64: Hope for things Unseen

Hello family and friends!

I hope you all had an awesome week!

This week I learned a lot about what Jesus Christ expects of me and
who He needs me to be. I am striving to strengthen my relationship
with Him as I do what's hard for me. I am thankful for the hope that
comes as we trust in Him. :)

This week was tough because a couple of the Sisters went home
unexpectedly and that's really hard to watch. :/ missions end???
Nooooooo please no!!!

I reflected on a lot of experiences in my mission during one of the
exchanges that we went on this week. One of the Sisters asked me why
I'm still on a mission. I hadn't really pondered that ever until she
asked and the first thing that came to my mind and heart was
gratitude. My gratitude for what the Lord has done within and without
me during my life but soooo much more during my mission. Another
reason that came to my mind is CHANGE. The miracle of Christ's
sacrifice is that now the world has the chance to change. Everyone of
us. It is such a blessing to be shown a weakness and it is such a
miracle to be able to feel the love and power of Jesus Christ to
strengthen that weakness. "Come unto Christ and be perfected in Him."
This week, new weaknesses have made themselves manifest!! I'm excited
to start the journey to strengthening them through Christ and
deepening my love and relationship with Him and with those around me. :)

We can't use the Atonement by doing things we're already good at and
feel comfortable doing. There is no stretching, no growth, if we never
touch the hard stuff and keep going ham with the easy stuff hoping for
a different result. Now I feel like I understand! Haha thank goodness
for mission leaders. Inspired!

Well, I love you all so much and hope your week is miraculous. Open
your mouths and share eternal life! :)

Con todo mi corazón y mi amor,

Hermana Shumway


Some Sisters in the zone saying good-bye to
Sister Mehr!

Mama Bell!! Krispy Kreme's to eat our feelings after going
to the airport. Haha, I love her!!

The Rupper Family!!! Cousins to Bruce Rupper!! I knew the
connection to Stephen would come sometime. Fourteen
months later....

Training at interviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment