Monday, October 20, 2014

Week 19: "Mexicans be like....'comida'."

Hello my wondrous family and friends!

This subject for this week is a quote from a young man in our branch hahahaha we were talking about Mexican Parties and he randomly just said this. We DIED laughing. It was pretty funny. We are invited to eat a LOT throughout the day. I love to eat, and eat a lot, but sometimes it is a TRUE struggle to eat all the offer me. These people are just so generous!

Thank you to my Mom for the letter, thank you Kaden, Brendon and Landon for the wonderful drawings, I love them and they are currently hanging up in my room :)
Happy 9th Birthday to my oldest nephew, Kaden this week!!! :D I love you so much and hope you have such a wonderful day! Aunt Audge will be thinking about you lots! :)

This last week was an emotional one. Saying goodbye to Sister Hymas was TOUGH. Oh how I love her. My new companion is Sister Seigfried from Houston, Texas area. Taking over the area has been stressful, but it is getting better! I know that Heavenly Father will bring things/people to my remembrance, just gotta be humble enough to listen, hear, and do!

We had an AWESOME Mission President's Devotional yesterday where some recent converts bore their testimonies. It was SUCH a spiritual experience. Something I definitely needed - perfect way to end my week. It buoyed me up to go out and FIND the people looking for the gospel and take them by the hand and help them come unto Christ.

Sorry, I can't really describe how powerful it was, but the Spirit was so tangible. It made me think about how much I love the Gospel. And then I wondered if the people I'm teaching know how much I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I made a decision to do better at being ME and making my love for the Gospel and this restored church more apparent when I teach. Because I really do love it.
I'm grateful for the hard experiences that bring me closer to Christ and help me develop a stronger faith in Him. :)

I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week! Thank you for all you do for me!

Go to the Phoenix Temple Open House and go see Meet the Mormons!! Share the gospel. Flood the earth with goodness :)

Con todo mi corazon y mi amor,

Hermana Shumway

No comments:

Post a Comment